.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Barn Hop #45

Welcome! We're marching right on through January at lightening speed! Were does time go? It certainly isn't standing still? It has suddenly come to my attention that it's time to place my order for bees, any seeds I might need for spring, get the goats tested for CAE and CL so that I can breed my doe, get more raised beds built that I have planned for the year, have my dear husband make some trellises I've admired and desperately need,... {taking in a gasp of air...}

I'll stop.

The weather here has been spectacular! On the down side, no rain or snow = no moisture. Hmmm... it's either feast or famine. But since it is what it is, I need to "make hay while the sun is shining" and get to that list!

Last week at the Barn Hop, we said good bye to Megan as a hostess (although she's still blogging!) and hello to Kelly. Then I shared that I've joined Raising Homemakers as a contributor. As promised, I have still another announcement that I've been saving all week.

Those of you familiar with the Preparedness Challenge, know that I have changed these from every Saturday to only the last Saturday of each month, giving us more time to do a few preparations. I'm pleased to share that USA Emergency Supply and Tattler Reusable Canning Lids will be sponsoring these monthly challenges! Both companies are right there with us, helping to get everyone prepared whether it's for filling your pantry by preserving the harvest or repacking grains purchased through your local co-op. (Check out Tattler's new redesigned website!)

AND... for each Preparedness Challenge, USA Emergency Supply will be hosting a give-away! Woo hoo!! How's that for fun! I'll be sharing the specifics about a week before the first 2012 Preparedness Challenge, so keep an eye out for advance details.


Join The Barn Hop!
and Amy @ Homestead Revival...

...invite you to link up and share your homesteading adventures!

1. Write a blog post about what's going on at your homestead or a post on something you're learning or an item of interest that will benefit the homesteading community. Be sure to add the red barn button and link back here so others can join in the fun.

2. Come back here and enter your information in the Linky. Please be sure to link to your actual post (click your title and then copy the URL above) and not your home page so those participating later in the week can find your post easily.

3. If you don't have a blog, leave a comment and tell us what's going on at your homestead!

Please Note: As hostesses of the Homestead Barn Hop, please understand that we reserve the right to remove any links that are not family friendly. While this may be subjective, we will err on the side of caution in order to keep our blogs appropriate for all readers. Thank you for your understanding!







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails