.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Barn Hop #15

Good Monday Morning, friends! Time for a Barn Hop! 


We skipped last week due to Memorial Day, so I'm sure everyone has a lot to share. I'm really dragging after a late night at the airport seeing our daughter off on her trip, so my post will be short and a tad bittersweet as a result of our week.


The bee saga has come to an end. 


Before we left for the airport, my daughter and I suited up (in case we had to fight robber bees) and went into the hive. The evidence confirmed my suspicions... foreign bees. The hive was mostly empty and the queen was nowhere to be found. If she survived, she must have swarmed with the remaining workers in order to avoid a total masacre. {Sigh... } It was better than finding her dead. I packed up the hive and brought it in.


So... I learned a lot about what not to do and next year, I'll make better choices. It took two weeks for me to grieve my way through my mistake, but I'm fine now and ready to move on... 






• We hatched 10 chicks in an incubator this week and were blessed to see new life!


• The windows are nearly finished for the chicken coop! (After 2 years!!)


• My husband has started brackets for a laundry line on the back of our garage. (I'll explain that one another day!)


• I'm going to finally attempt to make soil blocks with my new soil blocker sometime this week.


• Time to finish getting the garden in. 


• In order to take my mind off my daughter being gone, I'm going to go through several areas in the house and reorganize! (Organization always makes me feel good). 


Now it's your turn! Please join us and do-sa-do...

and Me!

Join The Barn Hop!

1. Write a blog post about what's going on at your homestead or a post on something you're learning or an item of interest that will benefit the homesteading community. Be sure to add the red barn button and link back here so others can join in the fun.

2. Come back here and enter your information in the Linky. Please be sure to link to your actual post (click your title and then copy the URL above) and not your home page so those participating later in the week can find your post easily.


3. If you don't have a blog, leave a comment and tell us what's going on at your homestead!

Please Note: As hostesses of the Homestead Barn Hop, please understand that we reserve the right to remove any links that are not family friendly. While this may be subjective, we will err on the side of caution in order to keep our blogs appropriate for all readers. Thank you for your understanding!




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails