.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

I'm writing this post on Thursday afternoon as I prepare for our traditional Passover meal this evening although it won't post until Friday morning. As believers in Christ, we enjoy teaching our children that Christ is the fulfillment of all that the Old Testament promised by going through this Jewish Seder each year. (You can read last year's post read about our Passover Seder here.) I find that it is a wonderful way to prepare my heart for all that this weekend is set aside to honor - Jesus as the "Passover" Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, Christ's crucifixion on Good Friday, and the rejoicing on Sunday morning that He has risen!


"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time."

  -  I Peter 1:3-5


It is my prayer that each and every person who reads this would know Christ personally as Lord of their life and Savior from sin. If you wish to know more, please visit this link


In remembrance of Christ's work on the cross, I will refrain from posting until Monday morning (with the exception of a automatically scheduled Easter blessing) so that I can spend time with my family in celebration. May your Easter celebration be a time of blessed assurance and peace as you rejoice in the risen Lord!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails