.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Kitchen Appliance Poll

Thanks to everyone who voted in last weeks Kitchen Appliance poll. Overwhelmingly people do NOT want to go without a mixer! I'm guessing this may have to do with the fact that a mixer is one of the most common kitchen appliances.  Take a look at the final count...

Which kitchen appliance would you hate to live without?


 2 Dehydrator
10 VitaMix/blender
21 Mixer
 2 Food Saver/Seal-A-Meal
 9 Grain Mill
 3 I don't use any of these!


What would I have voted for? Probably my VitaMix. I must use this thing two times a day for smoothies, making mayo or ketchup, dressings, sauces, and hummus, just to name a few. But if I had to, I could use it for even more things. With the addition of a dry blade container, I could grind my wheat in it as well (although I love my grain mill for this). If I didn't have an immersion blender, it could be used in it's place to puree soups (which I've also done before). If you want to learn more about a VitaMix and what it can do, just visit the VitaMix website.


I must mention the Food Saver. I bought this for freezing fruit and peas last summer. And it works great for this kind of thing. Whenever I buy nuts or cheese in bulk, I use it to vacuum pack these items in smaller quantities as well. But I fell in love with this when I found the Jar Sealer which comes in two sizes and the meat marinator. You can read my previous post on this appliance here.


The poor dehydrator got the fewest votes. Such a shame! Once you own a dehydrator, and I mean a good one like an Excalibur, you will wonder what you did without it? I've used it for all kinds of fruits, drying herbs, and recently, making yogurt (more on that 'story' tomorrow!). 


So, I hope you're curious about this weeks poll. It may prove to be controversial! But let's be nice... I do love a good debate as long as everyone is gracious.  


In the context of a clean dairy, is raw milk safe?


See, I told you. You probably already know what I think, but I'd like to hear what YOU think! I hope to be writing some posts on this soon. There's lots to say about it no matter which camp you're in.


Go Vote!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails